Thursday 4 May 2017

We are family !!!


Blog 15

Week 24/042017 - 30/04/2017

This week I ran Tues, Thurs, Fri and Sun

I didn't get to run this week on Monday. I had family time instead. A little trip out to the lovely town of Kendal. The place where my dad was born and grew up. Where he met my mum on a bus to a dance in Windermere. We were actually there to take my daughters partner to the hospital for a knee op. He was coming out the same day so me and Natalie took Byron and Carson into town for the day after having a massive breakfast at the hospital. Really nice food. I parked in the multi storey carpark and we had a walk around the town centre. They have some really nice little shops dotted around and I could have spent a fortune lol. We went in a nice little café on the high street and had a brew while Natalie fed Carson. He's coming along leaps and bounds and Byron loves to help look after his little brother, its so lovely to see. We wondered up to the shopping centre and had a look round the market before getting some dinner then went to have a look in a puppet shop we had seen earlier. It was fantastic hundreds of puppets and wooden toys. It was like Aladdins cave for Byron, oh ok and ME, we could paly with the toys they had out, Byron was fascinated with a wooden marble run toy. We left there with 1 happy boy and elephant puppet lol. A fun day out.

Tues - Today I ran about 11 mile and my strava died half way rnd. Better not do this to me during my challenge. Anyway I headed out after dropping Byron off at nursery. Through the park and up Ainsle St, Schneider Rd and along park rd past the factories to Sandscale haws and round the beach to roan head . A quick stop at the loo ( think I like this run so much because I know it has 1 of the very few public toilets left open), up the hill and back to park rd along the cycle path and up the hill to the golf club. From here the views are amazing, on 1 side you can see the windmills from the wind farm out in the Irish sea just off Walney Island. The other side you can see the mountains in the lake district and right in between you can see the Sandscale haws Nature reserve where I had just run, past the sand hills and along the beach, with Black Coombe in the distance. From here I headed down the hill and home. When I got home there was 3 small blue eggs on the garden and path, I hadn't a clue where they were from. I knocked on next door as I  had to rush to pick Byron up from nursery. When I got back they were gone and a big fat seagull was sat on the roof. It must have eaten them boo hoo.
I spent the afternoon with Byron and 1 of my best friends Angela and took a trip to Roys Ice-cream on the coast rd. Later when I went to work I took the spin class, thoroughly enjoyed it !!!

Wed - Today was deep tissue massage day I can't say I enjoyed it but I did feel good afterwards.

Thurs - Tonight I ran with the Panthers. Nice little run along the old lines to the gas terminal and back along the main road to Roose station, then round to the Red river club where we had a little fun and pics on a huge pipe that goes across the river lol. Except Chris of course who got in the river lol. It was a warm night, quite breezy too, we headed up Flass lane and along to Lesh lane, down past the school and back to Aldi. An enjoyable 5.5 mile.

Fri - I ran with the Dragons today after work. it was a really nice evening so we decided to run along the beach to Dunnerholme and back. It was a lovely evening and a nice run with fab views from the top. I was a bit weary on the run because it was quite Stoney in places and I didn't want to go over on my ankle so I walked them bits, chatting away to everyone as we went along. We ran just under 3 mile.

Sun - I woke up this morning in a little pub in the small village of Eggleston near Barnard Castle. We had driven through yesterday after I finished work for a Christening today. It was pretty early so I went out for a run. I turned left after coming out of the pub (Moorcock inn) and headed up the hill towards Eggleston moor. When I got to the top I had a good luck at the views which were a bit disappointing with the mist blocking quite a lot of the view. I then ran along the moor for a while before climbing through the fence and into the forest, from there I followed the trail back along to the hill I'd 1st come up and back down to the road. Down to my Aunties house for a brew before I went back to the pub for a shower and breakfast. I didn't end up eating my breakfast Diana and Andrew came and we went to check out a new car  boot sale at Teesdale airport. We had a good look round and chilled out in the sun watching the meat man selling his meat really cheap. We had a walk round the 2nd half of the car boot and as I was walking down looking at the stalls I could feel someone really close behind me. I turned round and it was this guy who then came round to the side of me and asked me about my tattoo Diana came over because she knew him so I just told him what it was and left her talking to him and wandered back over to the other side with my sister Heidi to get a drum kit I'd seen for Byron, £3.50 what a bargain I knew we were gonna have lots of fun with it lol. We headed back to Eggleston to get sorted for the Christening. It was great to see all the family it was a lovely day and we all had a fab time.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment