Thursday 18 May 2017

Day 6 - Brathay 10 in 10



Day 6 – Brathay 10 in 10

16/05/17

I got up this morning feeling tired I went down for breakfast, put my eggs on, had a brew and some toast then headed down for physio.  On my way down it was really quiet except for the birds singing. Sounded like they were serenading me lol. I’d been down there for a while and Angela came in and said, how well done do you like your eggs? Oops I’d left them on and while they were sat having breakfast they started exploding good job they were there. After physio I came back up and the lovely jimbo had made me fresh 1’s  and Paul told me told me there was a deer out the back so managed to get a pic.I got a shower and went back for taping before heading to the athletes room.




The run itself was painful to start but when I got in to a comfy pace it wasn’t that bad until just after I got past Newby Bridge in the open I felt like I’d just walked onto the poolside at work it was really humid, hot and stuffy and I was really hot. It was nice to see dave, Natalie and my grandsons and Jenny out on the course and at the finish, but it was 1 hell of a hard slog I just felt like I couldn’t cool down it was horrid I just wanted to get it over with and was so glad when I did. What stopped me jumping in the lake I don’t know all I wanted to do was get in the ice bath so after a big hug off Aly a cuddle and kiss off my grandsons I went to stretch.
The ice bath felt so good today I stayed in for 15min then Laura and Martyna put me through some pain in the torture chamber err I mean physio room. After which I had the pleasure of getting my own back on Adam with my elbow in his IT band which I videoed. I will post this on facebook and you  can all see him squeal if someone donates to my just giving page with the message ADAM on it is so funny.



Anyway day 6 done my feet need to be elevated and iced.
I'm knackered and just want to sleep.

Please donate here : www.justgiving.com/sonics10in10-2017




No comments:

Post a Comment