Tuesday 16 May 2017

Day 5 - Brathay 10 in 10

Day 5 - Brathay 10 in 10

16/05/17

I had a bit of a restless night last night, foot was hurting, had to dash, ok hobble to loo at 2am. I went back to bed and woke up about 5:50 10 mins before alarm was due to go off. I went and made a brew, some toast, boiled some eggs and headed down for Physio. It wasn't long before the place was buzzing with life some very special ladies popped in. Hang on wait a minute it was the boys lol. Today was ladies day and all the guys including Adam had a very good try at making themselves into ladies for the day. They did a good job too. After Physio I went back to shackleton for a shower, ate my eggs and headed back for taping. Today as well as the tape on my leg and bum I had some on my foot as it was still sore and swollen. I then went down to the athletes room for my daily ritual, talc in socks, Vaseline in all the places you can't see, no. on shirt, cup of tea, cap and belt on. I suddenly realised Malcolm had pulled out and my emotions just took over I felt gutted for him, my eyes welled up and before I knew it Jim was next to me giving me a hug, then Aly came over and gave me a hug and said to me what I kind of already knew that it was in his best interests etc. I took a couple of deep breathes and composed myself before heading down to the start line.



Todays run started in pain and I was feeling emotional It took me a good few miles to get my head in gear. After seeing Malc smiling a couple of time on the course I settled down, head sorted and focused on the job in hand. The support crew have been great today they always make you laugh. Thanks guys. We started the run in rain and I put my lightweight waterproof on by mile 6 it was off. Although it was wet it was very warm. When I got to box 4 kev was there he had had to pull out I was gutted for him too I had to keep focused and keep going.It cleared for a while and I was just plodding along when my mum and dad pulled up in the car. It was great to see them , just what I needed they carried on along the road and joined Jim at box 8 It was so nice to see them and get a hug before heading off for the last 10 mile. My foot hurt on and off but was ok. Untill I stopped that is. I saw jimmy ahead of me quite a few times and although we weren't together it actually felt like I had company. Todays run was pretty much ok a few emotional moments but all good.

The ice bath was great 15 mins and plenty of queen songs to sing lol. The Physio was painful at times but its worth it. I didn't want to get out of the hot shower tonight either. Thanks Jimmy and Janet for helping with my bottles. Think I will have an early night to night I feel a bit tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment