Saturday 20 May 2017

Day 9 -Brathay 10 in 10

Day 9 Brathay 10 in 10

20/05/17

Today has been a mix of emotions. With lots of families, friends and runners arriving for the marathon and to cheer us on tomorrow on our lap of honour. It was quite emotional this morning to find our Bob had decided not to carry o through injury, but a wise choice. I Literally just switched off to shut out the feelings and was finding it difficult to look at the other runners who were clearly emotional too. God knows what we are all going to be like tomorrow I can already feel myself welling up writing this.
I was in the physio room for 7 this morning and the girls were there already
 waiting so we got started straight away. My glutes as always were bit tight and they wasted no time getting stuck in and it bloody hurt aargh. The rest of the back of my legs were fine. Quads were not as bad as normal, shins and adductors were painful and we put ice on my foot as its still pretty swollen. Not sure what's going on there but it does go numb after about 10mile till I come down into Bowness then it starts again.

Todays run started fairly well, gritted teeth as each time I put my foot down it really hurt. After a mile or so I got used to the pain and after about 10 mile it seemed to disappear. It was nice and cool today but quite a strong headwind in places made it tough going. The panthers my running group were out in force today and it was lovely to see them and hear them . Thanks guys. The 10 in 10 family were out in force too. Thank you guys. I was running pretty ok trying to stay focused. I had a couple of emotional moments when I was thinking about the camera dude, but I stayed mostly focused. When I got to Bowness. It started to rain quite heavy and all of a sudden I got attacked by brollies and had to jump onto the road. Flipping nearly took my eyes out grrr It seemed everyone put their brolly up at the same time, didn't even bother looking to see who was there. Later as I was running to cross the wide rd at troutbeck just before the garage a women in a car stopped right in front of me, I was already halfway across, she didn't stop to let me go or pull up to the junction so I could run behind she just stopped dead in front of me and I had to stop or run into her. She looked at me right in the face didn't even acknowledge me. Some people are just ignorant !!! I ran most of the way back after that walking a couple times on the hills and finished day 9 in 5:07 fastest so far.

The girls stretched me off while I was eating chicken and chips then all of us got in the ice bath for a hat fest. Then Jimmy joined us. We had a good old sing song and boy was the icebath deep with four in. Again the girls went to town on my glutes. When we finished up vic ash showed me another way to torture Adam then I got a nice hot shower, did my bottles for the lap of honour then met dave so we could go in for tea together. Bring on tomorrow lets get this done !!!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment