Sunday 14 May 2017

Day 3 - Brathay 10 in 10

Brathay 10 in 10 - Day 3

14/05/17

Today I was awake again at 4.45am I laid there for a while, then had to dash to the loo this is happening every morning. I'm gonna change the amount of electrolyte I think. Have more plain water maybe alternate every other one instead of all electrolyte. I'l still have my energy drink and see what happens. I felt really sick this morning don't really want to be feeling like this when I get up and have to run a marathon. I went back to bed and lay awake trying to get comfy and at 6am headed for the loo again. This time I stayed up, sorted my bag and went for breakfast before wandering down for Physio. I was a bit tender in places after last nights beating so I got a flush out, headed up for a shower and more breakfast. The only time I didn't feel sick was when I was eating lol that's not a problem. I went back down to Physio and was taped up on my left knee, quad and IT band, lower back right glute. I went down the Athletes room to chill before we started.

The run today was a bit better than the last 2 days it started off really slow kind of hobbling along but as the sun was shining I was looking at the beautiful sights around me. I even saw this adorable pop belly pig standing watching us pass in his field. My quad hurt a bit to start, it was hot underfoot and the balls of my feet were burning, but through gritted teeth I pushed on. After mile 10 I noticed my quad had stopped hurting like it was and was now hurting but like it would do after running 2 marathons. Was this a turning point? I felt a bit more comfortable and stretched my legs a little, just enough to be able to keep my breathing relaxed. Just as I was going passed lakeside I spotted a frog on the road so I stopped and took a picture before carrying on to Newby Bridge. Supporters were out in full force at lakeside, Thanks guys your all amazing. It was nice to see my friend mark too. I headed towards fell foot and spotted Dave in his blue panthers top and was surprised to see some friends from the running group. Thank you . It was tough again in the heat going up and down the roller coaster. Had to stop for a pee behind a bush lol. My running had slowed somewhat now but I found a comfortable pace and just kept going all the way to the end. Day 2 complete.



Martyna joined me in the ice bath today 12 mins in total, it was a little bit colder in there today, not sure if it was because I was so hot from running in the glorious sunshine. After the ice bath I went in the physio and as luck would have it (not) I had 3 physio's working on me together, Martyna, vic ash and martyn then Adam cracked all my back in lets hope this helps the leg prob. Again the massage was pretty intense with 3 of them digging in at the same time. But it didn't take long I just felt a bit knackered when I got out of there. I went for a hot shower, made my bottles up for tomorrow and went down for my tea and to chill out for the rest of the evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment