Monday 15 May 2017

Day 4 - BRATHAY 10 in 10

Day 4 - Brathay 10 in 10

15/05/17

I woke up this morning feeling shattered and my foot was a bit sore on top. I had actually had the best sleep I'd had all wkend. I got up at 6am, sorted bag, down to kitchen, boiled eggs, had slice of toast then took my brew down to Physio in the pouring rain. After I'd had my rub down with Martyna and Laura I went back up to Shackleton, had shower, ate eggs and trek bar then went down for taping before chilling in the Athletes room.



Todays run was extremely wet, it rained all day, we had a head wind out to Newby Bridge and then all the way back to Ambleside grrr. It was lovely to see Jonathon, Sharon, David and Mark during the 1st half then Jacqui & Neil at fell foot it certainly perks you up when everyone is cheering you on. Thanks for all the beeps and shouts too keep them coming. The support crew are amazing they always seem to put a smile on your face or me them lol. I had to flag Mac and Jim down for Vaseline to put between my butt cheeks to stop chaffing because I was soaking wet through. They were good enough to turn their backs with Mac shouting something to the effect of " nothing going on here" cos there was a guy walking up the rd. lol. Later on I was minding my own business, jogging along, singing really loud when a car pulled up and it was Ally think she thought I'd lost the plot 😉. They are brill though, standing in the rain holding a brolly over you while you drink your energy drink. I had to stop 3 times today. 1 for a pee, 2 to take a stone out of my shoe because I somehow managed to kick 1 in & 3 another stone in the other shoe this time. Talking of stones some lovely person had painted some stones to look like animals and left them on walls around the course. I saw a fish, cow,bee, allsorts they were great.The top of my foot was feeling more and more sore as the day went on so I was looking forward to the ice bath. I had a flush out tonight on the massage table and I think at 1 point I was that relaxed I nodded off. Woken by someone tickling my feet hmm. My strava didn't work today I must have somehow pressed stop while trying to get in my pocket. I ran 5:32 today not a bad run, a tired run but another day done .






Please sponsor me at www.justgiving.com/sonics10in10-2017
Lets hope this foot isn't too bad. sorry cant seem to get the pics on.


No comments:

Post a Comment