Sunday 14 May 2017

Day 2 - Brathay 10 in 10

Day 2 - 10 in10

13/05/17

I was awake at 00:20 listening to the rain on the window and bouncing off the leaves on the trees. I drifted off to sleep again and woke up again when I felt a sharp pain in my little toe. I had somehow got the bar on the foot of the bed stuck between my toes when I turned over aaargh. Luckily I just skinned the inside of my little toe and not broke it. I finally got back to sleep and woke up about 6 and got up, got some breakfast and walked down to physio. The trees smelled lovely after the rain and the bluebells had got a new lease of life. After a flush out I went back for a shower and had something else to eat then went back to get my glute taped up and plodded down to the Athletes room.

 



Todays run was a really tough run, my quad was hurting before I even set off. As I sort of jogged along It became increasingly more painful. So before I even got to Newby Bridge I had resigned myself to a jog /walk. The sun was beating down and the views were stunning. I was able to take it all in while I walked up the rollercoaster to the top.( the road from fell foot to Bowness) The yachts were out on the lake. My quad was really painful but I pushed on I knew that when I got back the physio's would sort me out. From 22mile I had the pleasant company of paul to walk back with, we chatted away and soon we were back. I didn't feel too bad about the run as It was a glorious day and the views over Windermere were fantastic.







When I got back I went straight on the slab. 4 Physio's were working on me together it was extremely painful thanks Adam, Martyna, Alan and Martin lets hope it works. Sorry guys for letting rip when Adam did my hip flexors but it was so funny. After the battering on the table I enjoyed a 12 min ice bath cant say Adam did lol especially when we put the bubbles on.  



No comments:

Post a Comment