Wednesday 3 May 2017

Let The taper begin


Blog 14
Week 17/04/2017 - 23/04/2017
This wk I ran Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Sat & Sun
Mon - Today I took my new grandson to see the midwife to be weighed. He had gone from 6.5lb to 6.4lb after the birth and today he weighed a fab 6.11 & 1/2 he'd put on 7 1/2 ounces in 5 days. We were well chuffed. He still has his rattly nose and chest but the midwife said it was just mucus and it would sort itself eventually. I spent the rest of the day with my daughter and 2 grandsons Byron and Carson. In the evening after I finished work I went to Barrow & furness striders to do a speed set we did :
1k, 500 rec
800, 1:30 rec
400, 1:30 rec
400, 1:30 rec
Repeat
It was tough but I finished it. It worked out about 5.5 mile.
Tues - I did my glute work and a spin class :-)
Wed - As I didn't run yesterday I went to the panthers hill session, we ran up the hill to the cenotaph, down the steps, back u the steps and down the hill, repeating this 4x. I took it easy and just enjoyed the run, about 3 mile in total.
Thurs - Tonight I ran with the panthers, a route not done for a while so enjoyed it. It was about 5.5 mile and I was the slowest. I actually enjoyed being at the back taking in the sights around me, some great views over walney Island and the lake district in the distance from the top of the slag bank.
Fri - Tonight after work I went to see a friend in need. I really enjoyed catching up with her. We have such a colourful and great history together we never run short of things to talk about, laugh about and grump about lol. We had a good old catch up and I am still grinning now.
Sat - Today I was up early putting signs out for Parkrun. When I got up I had decided to run my own race today, not push too hard but make an effort. Halfway round the 1st lap I got talking to a lad called Dan and we talked all the way round to the end. I worked hard so I'd like to think he did too. He was great company and time past pretty quick. I lost him at the end as I was doing what I do best, talk lol, but I would like to thank him for the company and wish him good luck with his goals. I was happy with my time, nowhere near my pb but definitely in the right direction. I found myself thinking about my broken ankle and how I have recovered, nothing short of a miracle and hard work. 14 wks in total, 13 training wks gradually built up and the start of my taper which I am going to enjoy. 1 thing I have noticed since I did the triple last wk is that I am starving all the time. I am trying to occupy myself as not to go overboard with the eating as I am like a bloody hoover lol. I even made myself ill by eating chocolate the other day knowing fine well I can't eat it. I am happy mentally with what I need to do I just hope my body can take it.
Sun - Today I went for a run with Mel. Mel is training for the Keswick to Barrow, a 40 mile walk. I do miss doing it. I have done it 10 times, but as it clashes with Brathay so I've not done it for the last 3 yrs. The sun was out really early and I drove up to Mel's and we set out along the bypass towards Roanhead. We cut back before heading down towards the beach and jogged past the golf club towards the A590. We crossed the road and headed down across the level crossing and through the trout farm towards the brick works. From there we ran up towards ireleth and up the hill towards the church. From there we headed past the Black dog pub, (stopping at the top to take a pic of the beautiful blue sky) along past the zoo and into Dalton.Along abbey road and back to mels completeing a 14 mile run. Thankyou Mel for your lovely company.

No comments:

Post a Comment