Saturday 20 May 2017

Day 8 Brathay 10 in 10

Day 8 Brathay 10 in 10

19/05/17

Today I got up bright and early and was down physio for 6.30am. This was because I was being interviewed by radio cumbria. I made myself a brew and hobbled down the path to the treatment room. Laura and Martyna were waiting and it wasn't long before they both got stuck into me.The Bee sting I got yesterday was still very sore and when they were pressing on my leg it hurt quite a bit.1 1/2 hrs later I headed down to the main hall for my interview. After that I got a shower and went back up the treatment room for some stretching and taping then back to the athletes room for the morning ritual.


The run itself was ok I think I had a good run. It was nice and breezy during the 1st half  I really enjoyed it, I felt comfortable after about 10 mile when my foot went numb, I was taking in all the sights and sounds of the country side. what a beautiful place this is. When I rounded the end of the lake at Newby bridge the breeze had suddenly disappeared and it became really hot. I walked up/ran down the roller coaster and ran the rest. The views at the top were amazing at about 18 mile I could see the steamer on the lake and it looked stunning. I carried on through Bowness with a few shouts from the guys that work on the boats and kept going to ice cream mountain where Byron was at the top waiting for me along with Dave and Natalie. I found the rest a bit of a drag up to Ambleside and I could see the lake and Brathay hall in the distance. Stunning views. I walked up the hill to the traffic lights, turned left and ran round to the bridge which I walked over saying Hi to the otter on the other side and tickling his belly. I finished in 5:20 today and there was lots of people at the finish line waiting to give me hugs. It was great to see, Penny, Jack, Lesley, davey, Caroline, Craig, Sue, Paul and rob all 10 in 10 ers in their own right.



After stretching, 15 min in the icebath beckoned so I joined Jimmy for a short while. The girls got stuck right in after on the table. No mercy policy I think lol. They are doing brill getting me out there and back every day Thanks xx Shower, bottles, tea then ice on the feet while I blog before bed.



No comments:

Post a Comment