Thursday 18 May 2017

Day 7 - Brathay 10 in 10

Day 7 - Brathay 10 in 10

18/05/17

Today started pretty much the same as every other day. Up early, eggs on, toast then down to Physio at 7am. The girls were waiting patiently as I hobbled down in my flip flops as the top of my foot is still swollen and sore. Another warm day by the look of it. I walked in and they had made a lovely 50th chart and had even put a play list together of my favourite songs. It didn't stop them getting stuck in though aaargh a bit of pillow biting this morning. After they had stretched me off I went back up for a shower, ate my eggs and got a lift back down for taping, before heading to the athletes room to get ready and chill.








I walked down to the start with my roomy Janet we had near enough matching knee tape lol. The run itself was ok very hot but I coped with it a bit better after I took a antihistamine this am. It was a fun run today playing cat and mouse with bob think we kept each other entertained and going.




It was nice to see lots of supporters around the course and the support team shouting 50 at me. Its a bit crazy because I never even thought about doing so many marathons and then all of a sudden I've done fifty I felt amazing when I finished today even though I was hurting all over I knew Martyna and Laura would do their best for me even if it meant a bout of pain. yet again I wanted to jump in the lake as I ran past at about 2mile to the finish. Two swans were paddling on the edge it looked so inviting. I dug deep and carried on eyeing up the river as I passed. Up the drive to the finish. 7 days down 50 marathons complete some friends to greet me at the end. Hi Penny, sue and Caroline great to see you all. It was fab to see my Bestie jen at fell foot today too.

The ice bath yeah it was fab do I really have to get out lol. Physio was painful, especially the adductors and shins but I know its for my own good. After tea I put yest blog up then went to do bottles. On the way up Trudi spotted a deer a small 1 but I managed to get a pic . Thanks again to everyone, texts, messages, fb, our Physio's and support team for all your hard work and support .




Please sponsor me at www.justgiving.com/sonics10in10-2017

No comments:

Post a Comment