Friday 12 May 2017

Day 1 - 10 in 10

Day 1 10 in 10 2017

12/05/17

I woke up really early this morning I could hear a wood pecker knocking away. It was about 5am and the sun was up the birds were singing and it was a gorgeous morning. I lazed in bed till about 6.30, got up sorted my bag and went down for breakfast. After breakfast I had a wander down to the hall to take a couple of pics of the beautiful scenery surrounding Brathay. I was just chilling out in the morning sun before physio. It wasn't that bad this morning the girls were gentle checking me out for tight bits to work on later. As I was lying there I looked up and there was a spider directly above me. I said to the girls get rid of it before it drops on my head aaaargh. They chased it away lol.They gave my legs a good all round rub down. After that I headed back up to shackleton for a shower and my 2nd breakfast, before wandering down to the athletes room to sort myself for the run. When we were ready we went out on the lawn for the start with the shotgun then walked down to the official start by the rd.



Todays run was unbelievably hot to start so after about 2 mile I backed off a bit and ran a bit more comfortable in the heat. The first 4 mile were pretty tough I was sooo hot. Guzzling down my electrolyte drink picking up a new 1 at mile 6 then every 4 mile after that. I had a bit of an ache in my right quad from about mile 6 but it ease off by the time I got to mile10 after that I had the odd ache up till about mile 15 at which point my right leg spasmed and my leg went really tight and it felt like the tendon in my knee was going to snap. I started to walk and it seemed to ease off so I started running again and it happened again this went on till about mile 22 and it seemed to ease up but then my left quad started hurting but I was able to run most of the way back from here stopping for the odd walk. I knew if I got myself to the finish line my lovely physio's would sort me out. As I crossed the finishline they were there waiting to cart me off to the athlete's room and get me stretched before dunking me in the ice bath. I was actually looking forward to that and climbed followed by the lovely Trudi. The initial shock made me take some very fast breaths but once in neither of us wanted to get out lol.They worked really hard on my back,glutes,hamstring quads and calfs lets just hope its done the trick. I will be foam rolling, stretching and massaging some albmaleaf into my legs before bed. I even managed to get my bottles done for tomorrow and have a shower before tea. Go me lol.



Massive thanks to all the support we had out there today, the beeping horns, friends and relative of runners it was great.

Help spur me on by donating to my page at www.justgiving.com/sonic10in10-2017

No comments:

Post a Comment